My favorite classical guitar has light construction. It’s sensitive and full of tone. Trebles are thick and powerful and You just want to play it! These are the features I’m looking for. I give special attention to top material, which I think is the key to the best possible tone.
This model is a variation of an instrument built by Hermann Hauser for Segovia. I mixed in some influences from Santos Hernandes. Construction is classic Torres-type.
- Scale: 650 mm
- Neck width at nut: 52 mm
- Neck width at 12th fret: 62 mm
- String pitch at bridge: 59 mm
- Top: European spruce
- Side and back: Indian rosewood
- Neck: Spanish cedar
- Fretboard: ebony
- Bridge: rosewood
- Nut and saddle: Finnish moose bone
- Tuners: Schaller
- Finish: French polish or French polish on top, others: nitro or polyurethane